Teaching English To Young Learners
By International TEFL Academy Press | 92 pages
Price - PAPERBACK: $24.95 USD
Price - PDF: $19.95 USD
Around the globe, more children are learning English than ever before. As a result, English teachers with specialized young learners training and credentials are in high demand.
The Teaching English to Young Learners textbook introduces readers to the international world of early English education and prepares teachers to enter the young-learner classroom with confidence.
Anyone who wants to teach young learners - or who wants to improve on their existing skillset - can benefit from the theory and sample activities within.
This textbook is available in paperback or in the travel convenient PDF format and is the official textbook of International TEFL Academy's 30-Hour Teaching English To Young Learners Specialty Course.
TEACHING ENGLISH TO YOUNG LEARNERS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Young Learners and The Classroom Environment..........7
- Describe the basic concept of Piaget’s Theory of Cognitive Development.
- Explain rudimentary differences between first and second-language acquisition.
- Describe how theories in second language acquisition affect young EFL learners.
- Explain multiple classroom applications that address theories of second language
- acquisition and young learners.
- Compare and contrast typical young-learner program models found overseas.
- Describe how best to manage a class of young learners.
Chapter 2: Planning Activities and Lessons for Young Learners..........27
- Define instructional scaffolding and explain how it applies to young-learner activities.
- Describe considerations for teaching listening and speaking skills to young EFL learners.
- Describe considerations for teaching reading and writing skills to young EFL learners.
- Describe methods for effectively introducing new vocabulary to young EFL learners.
- Identify rationale for including or excluding explicit grammar instruction in the young
- learner classroom.
- Identify appropriate assessment practices for young learners.
- Design effective activities and lesson plans for different levels and ages of young learners.
In addition, The Teaching English To Young Learners textbook includes convenient access to extra resources, videos, references and more provided by International TEFL Academy.
MEET THE AUTHORS
Highly Qualified & Experienced EFL Instructors.
International TEFL Academy Press textbooks were developed by International TEFL Academy instructors, a curriculum development committee, writing committee and had final oversight by an accreditation board.
WHY SHOULD I GET THIS TEXTBOOK?
Should they choose to get a paperback copy, or the PDF version, International TEFL Academy students decide to buy Teaching English To Young Learners for the 3 following reasons:
It is a lifetime resource for future reference when you are teaching English overseas.
WHAT INTERNATIONAL TEFL ACADEMY GRADUATES SAY
I have the course textbook and it was wonderful! I highlighted important parts & have it for future reference :) Def worth getting.
- Rachel F. Smith,
International TEFL Academy alumna
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE...
(Click on each textbook to learn more about its content)