Teaching Business English
By International TEFL Academy Press | 66 pages
Price - PAPERBACK: $24.95 USD
Price - PDF: $19.95 USD
English has firmly secured itself as the language of international business, which means professionals all over the world are seeking to improve their English language skills.
This Teaching Business English textbook introduces the key differences between teaching general EFL and specifically teaching Business English courses. The book explains the nuances of teaching business English and shares practical classroom examples, activities, and lesson plans for teachers of Business English.
This textbook is available in paperback or in the travel convenient PDF format and is the official textbook of International TEFL Academy's 30-Hour Teaching Business English Specialty Course.
TEACHING BUSINESS ENGLISH
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Business English: Field Overview & Course Design..........7
- Summarize the history and development of English for specific purposes (ESP).
- Distinguish differences between English for General Business Purpose (EGBP) and
- English for Specific Business Purpose (ESBP).
- Explain the attributes needed for an instructor of Business English.
- Follow the steps commonly used in Business English course design.
- Describe the rationale behind and methods for conducting needs and job analyses.
- Create practical needs analyses for tutoring and in-class teaching contexts.
- Develop relevant course goals and objectives for Business English courses.
- Describe best practices in selecting and/or modifying materials for Business English
- Describe some basic considerations of one-on-one Business English tutoring.
Chapter 2: Delivering Business English Instruction..........30
- Describe the basics of creating communicative and task-based Business English lessons.
- Explain and use best practices and activities for teaching grammar and new vocabulary
- in Business English.
- Explain and use best practices for teaching listening and speaking skills to Business
- English students.
- Explain and use best practices for teaching reading and writing skills to Business English
- Describe some common cultural differences in international business and how they relate
- to teaching Business English.
In addition, The Teaching Business English textbook includes convenient access to extra resources, videos, references and more provided by International TEFL Academy.
MEET THE AUTHORS
Highly Qualified & Experienced EFL Instructors.
International TEFL Academy Press textbooks were developed by International TEFL Academy instructors, a curriculum development committee, writing committee and had final oversight by an accreditation board.
She taught English in China, South Korea, France, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua. Betsy started out with ITA as an online TEFL Instructor and then taught the 4-week in-person class in Chicago, Illinois for over one year.
He has taught English in both Prague, Czech Republic and Linares, Spain. An online TEFL Instructor with International TEFL Academy, Wayne has been teaching for ITA since June 2014 and has also worked extensively on edits and improvements to International TEFL Academy’s curriculum and videos. [LEARN MORE]
WHY SHOULD I GET THIS TEXTBOOK?
Should they choose to get a paperback copy, or the PDF version, International TEFL Academy students decide to buy Teaching Business English for the 3 following reasons:
WHAT INTERNATIONAL TEFL ACADEMY GRADUATES SAY
I have the course textbook and it was wonderful! I highlighted important parts & have it for future reference :) Def worth getting.
- Rachel F. Smith,
International TEFL Academy alumna
INTERNATIONAL TEFL ACADEMY'S 30H TEACHING BUSINESS ENGLISH
(BE) SPECIALTY COURSE
Teaching Business English is the official textbook of International TEFL Academy's 30-Hour Teaching Business English Specialty Class.
In addition to winning GoAbroad.com's People Choice Awards for Best International Education Organization in 2018, International TEFL Academy was named Best Online TEFL Course and ranked #1 U.S. TEFL Class in 2019.